ACS Fifth Grade Social Studies

Discussion Forum
Weekly Reader / Issue 10 - Volume 88

News Debate: Should kids be allowed to hunt?

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

NEWS FLASH!


Congratulations to the smart cookies of the fifth grade! Our continents and oceans quiz was quite a success. Out of 63 students, every single student earned an 80% or above! Wow!
Also, 55 out of 63 achieved a 100% or higher. (up to 105 with bonus questions) Students were required to label the 7 continents and 4 major oceans on the world map, with capital letters and correct spelling (with use of a word bank). Terrific start to the year, keep up the good work social studiers!

Students: What study strategy helped you prepare for the quiz?

7 comments:

  1. I am very proud of everyone for their hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My study thing that helped me get a good grade was the website we did in the learning center the day before our quiz. I forget what it was called but it helped me for sure. I liked learning about the oceans and continents and I liked when we did it where we had people as the continents and oceans. People were holding up the equator (the string). I was the Arctic Ocean so my head was under the string/equator. That's all, more next time. And

    p.s. The equator was jiggling a lot! I got a headache!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the equator and that was a lott of fun.
    P.O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have a strategy to study. I just remembered where each continent and ocean went.

    K.P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that test. Just a little advice 5th graders, study hard for the 50 states and 50 capitals test :)

    Cammi C
    6th grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Job to all the smart cookies out there. Keep up the good work.
    -Kylieh F. in 6TH Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. The games on the computer helped me.
    Shelby T.

    ReplyDelete

News Debate: Making the Grade!

News Debate: Making the Grade!
from Weekly Reader Issue 1

Should failing students be banned from clubs and sports?

NEWS DEBATE: Lost and Found

NEWS DEBATE: Lost and Found
Fifth grader, Kemoy Gourzang, found a wallet with 500 dollars on his way to school. He handed it to his principal as soon as he arrived.

What would you do if you found the $500? (question by: Daniel B.)

Which "Super Woman" do you think did/does the most interesting job? (question by: Arabella)

NEWS DEBATE: H2O to Go?

NEWS DEBATE: H2O to Go?

Should bottled water sales be tapped out?

NEWS DEBATE: Big-Screen Ban

NEWS DEBATE: Big-Screen Ban

Shoul kids be kicked out of movie theaters?


NEWS DEBATE: SCIENCE OR SIT-UPS?

What do you think?

Should teachers add exercise to academic classes?

Which section of the Weekly Reader questions were the most difficult to answer?

Weekly Reader Polls

Should officials limit snowmobiles in Yellowstone?